Charity Retail Ireland is the voice of the charity retail sector in Ireland. It is an umbrella representative association of over 40 registered charities who operate nearly 500 charity retail outlets throughout Ireland. Charity Retail Ireland was established in 2000 and is funded by its members.
Charity Retail Ireland supports the Charity Retail Sector in Ireland to:
- model best charity retail practice
- influence government policy
- promote positive social, economic and environmental change
Represent charity retail in Ireland by:
- Supporting and demonstrating the financial, social and environmental impact of charities on the wider community
- Showcasing the environmental benefit of reuse
- Demonstrating the contribution of charity retail to the circular economy
- Be honest, open and transparent in all our activities
- Act with integrity
- Be trustworthy
- Be inclusive by promoting diversity and inclusion
- Value our volunteers
- Support our members’ community engagement
- Act as an advocate for sustainability through recognition of the climate emergency
Charity Retail Ireland Strategy 2022-2025
- Grow Charity Retail Ireland
- Support Charity Retail Ireland Members
- Influence Environmental Behavioural Change
- Enhance Charity Retail Ireland Governance
Download our full Strategy document here
Through their charity retail outlets, Charity Retail Ireland members raise vital funds to support their causes. The charity retail outlets enable individuals and communities to access a full range of clothing, furniture and household items at affordable prices. Charity retail outlets are a significant contribution to the public benefit remit of individual charities. Charity Retail Ireland members play a very significant and growing role in supporting the circular economy and environmental sustainability.
All Charity Retail Ireland members are registered with the Charities Regulator, the Revenue Commissioners and have signed up to the Code of Charity Retailing. Charity Retail Ireland members range from large national and international charities to small, local, community-based charities.
Charity Retail Ireland supports members by lobbying and acting a representative voice for the sector, providing information and tools for best charity retail practice and celebrating the achievements of our members. To do this Charity Retail Ireland is committed to continuously improving its own effectiveness and efficiency. In essence, Charity Retail Ireland supports members to achieve the triple bottom line of social, economic and environmental benefits.